Monday, February 12, 2007

Two Thousand 00 Seven

Living in Singapore, I never experience winter. My chinese name has 'snow' in it, I love winter fashion with fabulous looking booties, I want someone special to wrap a long scaft around us running from streets to lanes, I want to have a taste of snow and complimentary blushing effect on my cheeks. The day would come, I believe, and that smile of mine would freeze.


I start off with a mambo-style template which reminds me of those carefree & careless days...with george michael, pet shop boy, curosity killed the cats and many more that hit my head. Taking about 80s, I remember going to cuppage @ centrepoint, Orchard for dinner & window shopping. Been ages since I last visited that place and I went there last Friday. The seafood stall that I used to patronise is spilt into two different stall. This is one of them, a japanese style zhu-chao

Signboard

One of the dish - seafood w/rice and I didn't take picture of my dish (crabmeat w/egg & rice, both dishes look & taste so bland. A construst on how yummy wok-hei food was in the past, or perhaps this is a wrong stall to choose in first place.

I don't know why you enjoy taking picture of my smelly-black face. I am not going to post those pictures, but this to YOU

Starting from scratch is never easy, I need to figure out functions of blogspot. I am too used to user-friendly and un-chim-to-understand xanga. Ha! I hope my keyboard is still in one piece after end of this entry. I took one hour to complete this unimpressive piece which xanga would only takes me 15 mins or so. arrggghhhh

Anyhow, I was as-usual-day-dreaming on bus this morning and keep hearing an annoying CNY jingle. I thought it was mobile ringtone of an old ah beng next to me. Lucikly I did not scorned at him, for when I alight, i saw this...

For whoever alights the bus, it would trigger off CNY tune!



I had a construction-style company dinner last Saturday, with tables of foreign workers & staff plus spouse & suppliers. We ate 10 course zhu chao with yu sheng at kopitiam. My previous request at resturant or similar venue was rejected due to these foreign workers. They only get to celebrate once a year and people are afraid to be disturbed by their presence. BBQ at east coast or chatlet is not acceptable as well for people might accused us of having 'illegal gathering' I think if I tell them we having foreign workers - ah mohs, things would be different. One of my boss bought them this: 3L Martel VSOP and they finished before first dish is served!!! I took a picture of lao yu sheng (badly taken) and afterwhich I prolly didn't have any chance to take pictures...I eat, I take a quick breath, people toast to me, I drink and the whole cycle begins...mixture of beer and wine and hard liquor. I know what's on their mind...for me to get drunk?!! But NO, I am still able to talk sense, walk straight, reach home but massive headache that woke me up in middle of night.


Decided to try the new hotpot yesterday and prepared seafood soup base for all these plus vegetables. I was too excited and busy, so forget to take pictures of all liao in the pot. Had a GREAT yummy time with Jo, Ling & HF.

Okay, I think this entry is troublesome plus cumblesome for me. Took me like ages to complete this blog entry...baking muffins is easier!

2 comments:

luckiemonkey said...

it's a good start! at least you got this entry done =)

it's quite fun to see those workers dancing and singing... but not when they finished that 3L. it was really fun and i guess i can only see this in SG?

Anonymous said...

Testing :) dropby tmr. not feeling well..