Thursday, March 1, 2007

Hand Sketches by DAD






My dad drew these before he heads off to China last weekend. Although they aren't really close to his past paintings, I am very proud of him. He did not give up after the finger injuiry. These are not meant for me but I am grateful to Joanna for taking pictures for rememberance. When I was young, I asked him why we didn't have any of his painting? He should let us have one or two but he sold every artpiece. He just smile and till now, I don't own one. I am kind of jealous of those people in China he knew for just less than a year. I guess most parent never find out how proud we are of them or how much we love them. They fufil their duty as parent and we just have to obey & listen as children.

Nevertheless, I feel like being very ah moh and say "Mina & John, I love you" and yes, I prefer to name my mum first!


7 comments:

luckiemonkey said...

i want to see the way he used to paint also. he kept saying dun need to take pics, but i said, it's a must. can compare in the future.

hope he will still draw when he comes back.

michello said...

u know the first painting, if u stare at it for a long time, u actually see another image, try it and let me know if u see the same thing as me ..

Anonymous said...

Really? You could see another image? what is it? I didn't see anything and why are you staring it for a long time? I haven't start writing my own horror stories and it gets spooky liaoz!?

jfwy said...

Jie, who knows ... perhaps your dad has kept a few for you and your sister ...

If you really get the artpieces, must show them to me and Bebe before selling ok ... =D

michello said...

actually i didnt stare at it for a long time, it was just the first glance, u can see the silhouette of a woman, like quite peaceful, or maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me .. too stress .. haha

Anonymous said...

Let me ask my dad when he is back..maybe you would get a reward from him for understanding his work! He used to say his piece is not just what is seen, but unseen as well. I thought he was trying too hard to sound like a deep-wise person!

Didi, unlikely leh, not like his place has an underground tunnel to keep secret pieces. But if he really keep for us, it would be a touching scene and I would cry for dayz...I never found the courage to request for a painting drawn for me. Surely when this day comes, I would definately show it to you and your Bebe!

Anonymous said...

oh man ur dad is really cool. my dad can draw pretty well too but never seen him paint.
Very nice paintings!